Thursday, August 16, 2012

I was crafty!

I went back to school this week to work in my room and this is what I walked into on day 1.....



Not fun. Yuck. Yuck. Ugly.


By the end of day 1 this is what it looked like...



Better but not perfect.


Today... I got crafty and inspired by my teammates and the art teacher (my really good friend) who happens to be in our hallway. They decided to spray paint their trashcans and their recycling bins. Why you ask? Because it is prettier that way. That's why.

Before...

After....
They are upside down because they were still a little tacky on the bottom but what a difference right?

Then I found these buckets at Target and thought they would be a great addition to my tables to hold their glue, pencils and a few other things. I then found this duck tape at Wal-Mart and since I couldn't find anything frog related I went for floral because frogs and flower go together. Just go with it... It turns out pretty afterwards.
I had butterfingers this week and dropped my clock that I have had forever. So, quick trip to Wal-Mart and voila I got a new clock... which I dropped also. This time it was salvagable but needed pizazz. My new intern suggested hot gluing ribbon around it. So, we did.. (I love her by the way. I can not wait to see what else she comes up with this semester!)
I also decided to do the glitter clothespins that I saw on Pinterest to hang up student work instead of having to ticky-tack it to the wall. But.... I forgot to take a picture of it. Man! I am going to take tomorrow off from school and have one more fun day with my boys before I really have to be at work.

I will be back tomorrow to share my shopping on TPT!

Meridith


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, LOVE all of your cute little classroom projects. Those little touches go such a long way toward making your classroom extra special. I just found your blog and I'm your newest follower.

    And thank you SO MUCH for voting for my classroom in the Schoolgirl Style challenge! You are wonderful!

    Maria
    Kinder-Craze

    ReplyDelete