Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tell Me More, Tell Me More!

I am SUPER late to the party but I want to be in on the fun. Amy Lemons over at Step Into 2nd Grade is having a linky party where you can share facts about yourself that your followers may not know about you.


1. I have been married for 7 wonderful years to my husband, Mike.


2. We have 2 boys that are 5 and 3. My oldest will be going to kindergarten this year. I am so nervous for him. I am taking him with me to my school so that I can hand pick his teachers and be all up in his business! My friend, who in fact will be his teacher this year, has told me that she is going to have a special wall built that blocks me and only me from her classroom. I promised to not be a helicopter parent..... every day.



3. I am an internet stalker. It is a problem. I should go to meetings.



4. I was on the drill team in high school and grew up taking ballet lessons. I secretly love getting on stage and showing my old skill talents. My parents paid a lot of money for those lessons... I might as well use them once year at our school talent show. This is  in my Party Rock costume ready to show my moves with my teammates at the annual talent show.



5. I am a major book worm. I just finished Emily Giffin's Where We Belong that I picked up on the release date last Tuesday. Go read it. NOW! Why are you still here? I told you to go read it. Click the pic to buy it on Amazon.
Where We Belong

6. For those of you still with me... my husband and I decided to watch True Blood on HBOGo from the beginning a few weeks ago... and we have stayed up til 2 or 3 in the morning every night watching each episode. Now that I am all caught up I don't know what to do with myself. Maybe I will actually start working on school projects that I have put off for two glorious months.

7. We have 2 dogs, a cat and a very ugly fish. My dogs are both mutts and we rescued our precious Bailey from HBARC. Poor thing was covered in fleas and sick, sick, sick when we got her. My husband adopted her for me in hopes to put off baby fever but it didn't work. 9 months later we had a puppy AND a baby.

8. My first son was thought to be a girl. We were told at our 20 weeks ultrasound that we had a Kiersten on the way. I was extremely excited. There may or may not have been SEVERAL purchases of pink ballet shoes in a variety of sizes. I had a purple nursery with a pretty pink fan to top it all off.... and then baby day came and there was not a Kiersten. That is my son though... always pulling off tricks. For the entire day all I could say was, "I have a BOY." Best surprise of my life! (Yes, he slept in the purple nursery for the first year of his life. He has no memory of this so he is not scarred. My husband might be though.)

9. I live a mile from my mom. Separation anxiety? YUP. When picking out our house I had 2 questions... How close is my mom and can I have a whirlpool bathtub?



10. I love DONORSCHOOSE! I have had 5 projects funded in the last 2 years for materials for my classroom. I have recieved a class set of science goggles, complete set of science and math centers, listening center station with ear phones, recess equipment and a set of Tag readers and books. I am now asking for books to go with my listening center. If you would feel so inclined to donate to my project my students would be estatic and what a way that would start off the school year. Go write a project for your classroom! I would love to help if you have any questions!

1 comment:

  1. Well I just nominated you as well, I didn't see this post because I linked up with through the Blog hop. I'm still learning! I'm glad I found you though because I'm seriously going to go buy the book you suggested because I've been looking for a new read! Stop by to see your award at my blog,
    http://mrslangleysclass.blogspot.com/2012/07/2-awards.html
    Heather Langley

    ReplyDelete